Skip to content
- Do you have any questions about the informed consent form that I have asked you to sign? Do you understand that participation in this study is voluntary and your name will be kept confidential?
- May I record this conversation for later reference and review?
- Before beginning vocational school, what was the highest grade you completed?
- Tell me about your prior education. What were your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell me about your education here. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Have you been diagnosed with any type of learning disability like ADD or ADHD?
If answered positively: In your final years of high school, did your special education team ever complete a transition plan with you? Did this transition plan include post-secondary education?
- If you haven’t been diagnosed, do you believe you have one?
If answered positively: Why do you think you were never evaluated in past education? Did the problem affect you in high school?
- Why did you enroll in a career school?
- Is it what you expected? Why or why not?
- What is your favorite part of the program? (lecture? shop?) Why?
- Do you learn best working with others or alone?
- What could your instructor do to make things easier for you?
- With reference to question 12, would you learn as much if that were done?
- Does anything else come to mind that would allow us to better serve students in the future? What could we do differently to make the programs and the outcomes more accessible for all students regardless of educational background?